Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ahhhh Summer Break!

I guess I'm going to start a blog today.  I've actually had a blog for our family for a while, but never had a teaching blog.  I've been a follower of other 1st grade teacher blogs for a long time, but haven't started one before for my own classroom.  It's time.  I want to have one for my parents to view this upcoming year, so I'm going to start now and bulid forward.  So here I go.
     shhhh!  Don't tell my first graders this, but I enjoy the summer breaks more than they do.  I love spending time in the mornings sitting in my shorts and tshirt and doing a little bit of nothing.  July 4th was yesterday and we had a great weekend of swimming and lounging and swimming some more.  But the month of July often brings mixed emotions to my house, because you know what happens in the stores on the first week of July???  School supplies are shipped and delivered to stores near and far.  I just went to Walmart and Target yesterday afternoon and saw shelvs and displays already being stocked with fresh new school supplies for 2011-2012 school year.  I have to be honest... I LOVE seeing the supplies being hung and all of the crayola markers, colors and glues out... but I long for summer to be longer.  Maybe I'll just shop anyway. After all, another school year is upon us, folks... get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment