Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Deals!

Today I drug my 10 year old out with me to go shopping for school supplies... I'm pretty sure I could win the worst mom of the day award for making my 10 year old shop for school supplies in July when he is trying desperately to forget about school, but he's awesome at finding the items that are on sale and plus.. let's face it... I need him for additional purchases when I reach my limit allowed on things. He got some things out of it, too. Don't worry. So here are my deals of the day...

Walgreens!!
1. They have 2 pocket folder for 9 cents each.. this is a fab deal if they actually have them. My 2 stores were out of stock, but bonus.. I picked up a raincheck for them.
2. Papermate mechanical pencils Pack of 5 for .19
I bought 10 packs (that's 50 pencils) for less than $2.
3. Tiny highlighters for 9 cents!!
There was a limit of 6, but I told her thatI was a teacher, and she let me get 20. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. We love these in reading groups with home readers to highlight word families that we're working on or vocabulary words. Sometimes we use them to mark words we aren't sure about so we can go back and talk about them after the story. Great buy!
4. 3 ring Poly binders for 50 cents! Cheapest around this weekend. These are on our required supply list, but I always need a few for those kiddos that don't ever bring theirs or for new arrivals that don't have one. We use these as our take home folders (MOOSE notebooks)

Onward.. to Office Depot

We had a little trouble here (par for the course) because their computer system did not have their sale items updated in the system.. that's their story and they're sticking to it.
1. 2 pocket folders 10 for $1. That makes them 10 cents each right? Watch out: they ring up for a quarter. They'll fix it for you, but you have to make them.
2. Sharpees for 50 cents! These aren't just the plain old black ones either. It's every shade of every color under the rainbow - fine tip, ultra fine, chisel tip, clicker sharpees EVERY SHARPEE FOR 50 CENTS.
Of course their computer is slow to fix the price, but after a 5 minute wait for each marker, it worked.
3. Crayons for 25 cents. Walmart and Target usually do this, but this year they have been 40 cents every time I go. It's a limit of 5 at Office Depot but that's why I bring a sidekick with me. We got 15, but we had to use 3 registers... ( I still think this is so silly, but whatever makes it seem like they win is ok with me) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment