Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Target inspired!

TARGET TREASURES:  Alert! Alert!  Today I stopped by the beloved dollar spot at Target.  The best time to visit the dollar bins (besides every time you're in a Target) is definitely when they are changing seasonal items.  School supplies always ships the 1st week of July, so after that week, they begin to put all of the summer items slowly on sale..
                    which on a side note is fabulous for those of us that live in Tx because it's 100 degrees here well into October, so we benefit greatly from all of the pool things, toys, and clothing that go on sale for fall gear....
so back to my finds... when they change seasons, the dollar bins do too, so you'll usually see the 75% or 80% off sign for certain items. Today it was "white dot" items which included LOTS of carnival toys, and things.  I wish I was doing a carnival theme because there are ssoooooo many things for .25 it's ridiculous!  I did find several bday bags for a quarter and silly hats for a quarter.  I'm planning on buying enough for my class and I will give these out as bday gifts in the bday sack, then they can wear them all day on their bday.  I also usually put a little thing of play-doh in a bag with a note from me.  I'm excited to have my whole class done for such a great deal.  I also found Dr. Suess erasers for 1.00 (5 pack) When we do our Dr. Seuss unit there will not be one item out to buy for goodies for the class I promise you, so I'm excited to get them now.  I also bought a One Fish, Two Fish, notepad for a writing lesson.  Kids love "novelty" things to write on.  I can't wait to go to our other Target tomorrow and see what waits for me there.  Tomorrow will be Sunday ( a new ad week) so there may be even more out tomorrow on the 75% off. 
Today I'm just thrilled to have made my nice cashier spend 10 minutes running all of my purchases over the scanner and then following that with, "that will be 13 dollars.. "... "wait>... oh my gosh.. that's cheap for all that!"  YES IT IS!  Now that just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment